Here is my big list of journal prompts to get you started on your self-care journey. You can use a journal jar like I do and pick a number, or you can just look through the list and find something that sticks out that you would like to journal. However it works best for you! This is after all about helping you feel better! I spent a bit of time looking at dozens of posts online and these are the 119 favorite journal prompts that I found.
1. What scares you?
2. What is your take on soul mates?
3. Are you a worrier? How do you cope with worry?
4. Dear Past Me . . .
5. Nobody knows that I . . .
6. The biggest lie I’ve ever told is . . .
7. The most terrifying moment of my life was . . .
8. Look through your pictures and choose a few to write about.
9. My saddest memory is . . .
10. How do you deal with anger?
11. How easy is it for you to forgive people?
12. What is the most dominant emotion in your life right now?
13. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
14. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
15. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing from your past, what would you change?
17. Who made you feel good this week?
18. What was the biggest mistake you made this week?
19. What did you do this week that moved you closer to reaching your goals?
20. Is there anything you did this week that you wish you’d done differently?
21. What did you most enjoy doing this week?
22. How did you procrastinate on important tasks this week?
23. Did you learn anything new this week?
24. What’s the funniest thing that happened to you this week?
25. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
26. What would you do if money weren’t an object?
27. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would you ask for?
28. What’s your wildest dream?
29. What grand adventure do you wish you could go on?
30. If you could become an expert in any subject or activity, what would it be?
31. What would your perfect day be like?
32. Close your eyes and imagine the kind of world you would like to see. What is it like?
33. What makes you unique?
34. How do you stand out from the crowd?
35. What are your best character traits?
36. What are you really good at?
37. How would you describe yourself?
38. How would your best friend describe you?
39. What character traits do you need to work on?
40. What are some of your idiosyncrasies?
41. How do you indulge yourself? Do you need to indulge yourself more often?
42. How do you think others see you when they meet you for the first time?
43. What famous world festivals would you like to attend?
45. How would you like to make this world a better place?
46. My favorite way to spend the day is…
47. What always brings tears to your eyes?
48. Write down a few little memories from this week that made you smile that you would have otherwise forgotten.
49. What is a goal that you are currently working on and who is someone who could help you with that?
50. What would be your ideal location to live in? City, suburbs, or out in the country? House or apartment? Having to drive a car everywhere or being able to walk places? Where in the world?
51. If you had unlimited resources, what gifts would you give to the people you appreciate in your life?
52. What is something you currently desire?
53. Do you prefer being outdoors or indoors?
54. Make a small list of things you are good at and/or passionate about and brainstorm ways that you could make money off of those things.
55. Choose an affirmation that feels right for the day and write it ten times while saying it out loud to get it in your head.
56. What is something you need to forgive yourself for?
57. What are some ways you would like to serve your community?
58. What are some areas of your life in which you are too harsh with yourself?
59. Do you prefer spending time alone or with other people?
60. What are your hobbies?
61. Choose a mantra that you want to keep with you for a while.
62. Where would you travel to if you had unlimited money and time?
63. What is an area of your life that could use more organization? Is there a time this week that you could dedicate to working on that?
64. What are some habits you would like to incorporate into your routines?
65. What was the best gift you received as a child?
66. Write about a person you are grateful for, but sometimes take for granted.
67. Where is your “happy place”?
68. What do you wish you were doing more of?
69. What expectation do others have of you that you wish they didn’t?
70. How do you feel about current events? What worries you, and what gives you hope?
71. What fictional character are you most like and how? Are you like Eeyore? or like Tinkerbell or Peter Pan?
72. What are you tolerating that you shouldn’t be?
73. What is something you are afraid to say out loud?
74. Who am I, outside of the roles I play?
You can create lists of so many things! Here are some list journal prompt ideas:
76. Places you’ve enjoyed visiting.
77. Things you’ve done that you previously thought you could never do
78. The people you most admire.
79. Your favorite books.
80. Your favorite movies.
81. Your favorite songs.
82. Your top five short-term goals.
83. Your top five long-term goals.
84. Three things you can’t go without.
85. Three celebrity crushes.
86. Three favorite book characters.
87. Three things you want in a relationship.
88. If you had to evacuate your home because of a natural disaster, what three things would you take with you?
89. Three pet peeves.
90. Three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
91. Three favorite TV shows.
92. 10 Activities you enjoy
93. 10 favorite restaurants
94. 10 people you love
95. 10 favorite foods
96. 10 favorite games
97. 4 favorite desserts
98. 10 Paintings you love
99. 10 Famous lines from books/movies you love
100. Using 10 words, describe yourself
101. Write a list of questions that you need to have answered.
102. Make a gratitude list.
103. 5 things I am looking forward to this week
104. Make a bucket list
105. Make a travel bucket list
107. Movies you want to watch
108. Adventures you’ve been on
109. Favorite songs
110. Skills you would like to learn
111. Ideas for stepping out of your comfort zone
112. Things you would like to do with your husband.
113. Things you would like to do with your kids
114. Money-making ideas to try
115. People you admire
116. Your strengths
117. Your Weaknesses
118. Things you would like to improve about yourself
119. Positive habits you would like to adopt
Looking for book recommendations? 👇